Attention Home Banking Members:
If you experience the spinning wheel while loading Home Banking, simply hit F5 to refresh.
We are so excited to announce our NEW & Improved Home Banking Platform!
If you are not currently enrolled in Home Banking, you will certainly want to do so now. Home Banking makes everything you do with your finances simpler to manage. Access your account information anywhere you have access to the Internet — anytime!
New features will allow Home Banking users to:
- Pay any bill for free with online ePay
- Enable Notify Me alerts to manage your security preferences
- Make a withdrawal by check or place a stop payment
- Apply for a loan or sign up for Skip-a-Payment
- Manage Account Alerts
- Download account information into a Personal Financial Management (PFM) program
- Read or send emails securely to GNO with our eMailbox
- View & Print: e-Statement images, tax forms, loan payments & deposits, and cancelled checks
- Transfer money between accounts with MoneyMover
Attention Current Home Banking Users:
- What You’ll Need to Do:
You must re-enroll in Home Banking with your member number.
- Then simply select new authentication questions and you’re ready to roll!
NEW to Home Banking?
It’s so easy to get started. Simply go the Home Banking box on the right side of our home page at www.gnofcu.com. Then select “1st Time User” and begin your sign up process.
Mobile Banking is Here!
With Mobile Banking, Home Banking members will be able to stay on top of their account activity anywhere/anytime from their iPhone or Android cell.
Mobile Banking members will be able to:
- Get account information quickly and safely
- Take a look at balances
- Make a deposit with ezDeposit
- Transfer money between accounts
- Review share and loan histories
- Make transfers between shares & loans
Get The Android™ Application
Get it on Google play »
The GNO FCU Mobile Banking Android application is compatible with most Android mobile phones. Search “GNO” to download our FREE app.
Effective Oct 17, 2017, the GNO FCU mobile banking app will only function on Google Chrome version 22+,Mozilla Firefox version 27+, Safari version 7+, Internet Explorer Version 10+, Windows 7+, Android Operating System version 5.0+, iOS version 9+.
*Android 2.5.7 Update has minor bug fixes and will affect the ATM/Branch finder, there will be some minor differences when viewing this feature. If you have any questions, please contact GNO.
Get The iOS App
Download from the App Store
The GNO Mobile Banking iPhone application is compatible with most iPhone mobile phones. Search “GNO” to download our FREE app.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: This new service requires that a member have internet access on their cell phone. If they do not have an internet package they may be charged internet usage fees by their cell phone provider.
Remote deposit capture allows you to use your phone to deposit a check into your account. You simply take a photo of the front and back of the check, enter the amount you’re depositing, and choose which account to use. People of all ages love their phone camera, and now you can use it for banking, too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I deposit any check with ezDeposit?
You should only use ezDeposit for domestic checks not drawn on your own account. Checks must be made payable to an owner of the share and must have a proper endorsement on the back. Checks may be rejected if they are incomplete, post-dated or stale-dated, made payable to a third party, or stamped with a “non-negotiable” watermark. Be sure your checks have no evidence of alteration or contain a restrictive endorsement. Checks drawn on GNO Federal Credit Union and U.S. Savings Bonds are not eligible for ezDeposit.
Should I endorse the back of the check?
Yes. If you don’t endorse the back of the check, your ezDeposit may be rejected. Your endorsement should include your signature, account number, and “For GNO Mobile Deposit Only”.
When will the deposit post to my account?
Deposits may post immediately or may be accepted into a review queue. You will receive an email once your deposit has been posted to your account.
What conditions cause a deposit to go to the review queue?
There is no single reason that a deposit will go to the review queue. Conditions include fields or characters on a check image that are difficult to read, a deposit that is outside your normal and historical pattern, a missing or illegible endorsement, or a check image that is a suspected duplicate of a previously deposited check.
If my deposit was accepted, but is in the review queue, can I try to deposit it again?
No. A second attempt will, in most cases, add to the delay, could result in a fee in accordance with our Fee Schedule, and may result in a revocation of your ezDeposit access.
How will I know when a deposit that was accepted to the review queue is posted to my account?
When the deposit is reviewed and released from the queue, you will receive an email letting you know that it has posted to your account. Rarely, a deposit will be rejected after review. If your deposit is rejected from the review queue, you will receive an email telling you the reason your deposit was rejected.
I received an email stating that my deposit was posted and I see it in my account. Should I destroy the check now?
Although most check images clear the account on which the check was drawn without any problem, we ask that you retain the check in a safe place for ten days after the deposit has posted. Be sure to mark it as an item you have already deposited so that it is not inadvertently re-deposited by you or someone else in your household.
What if I’ve made an error or need to speak with someone about my ezDeposit?
You can contact us about your ezDeposit or about any GNO Federal Credit Union issue by emailing us or calling us at 504-454-8224.
Account Alerts is a FREE service that allows our Home Banking members to receive prompt notification of important activity taking place in their GNO accounts. These alerts will keep you up-to-date and serve as an early identity theft warning system.
GNO now offers nine alerts:
- Share Account
- Check Status by Range
- Certificate Maturing
- Check Cleared Out of Sequence
- Loan Account
- Check Status
For the first eight alerts, you may register up to two e-mail addresses. For Event Alerts, you may register more than two e-mail addresses separated by commas. Event Alerts are reports of account activity, such as withdrawals and deposits which can be used to prevent identity theft.
Below are the instructions for members to register for one or more e-mail Account Alert:
- Log into Home Banking.
- Select Accounts then Account Alerts from the Navigation Bar.
- Click on the link “Click here to add new alerts or reminders” to set up your new reminders.
GO Green . . . Enjoy Green!
With GNO eStatements, you can have access to your Home Banking & VISA credit card records anywhere – anytime, so you can spend more time enjoying the environment you’ll be saving! Also you’ll save the $2.00 paper statement fee.
Signing up is a breeze!
- Log into your Home Banking Account*
- Under Accounts . . . Click on eStatements
- Click Sign Up and a temporary password will be emailed to you
- Click on the link within the email
- Enter your account number and temporary password
- Follow on-screen cues for further instruction
Once you’re an eStatement member, you can:
- Download, view & organize statements on your computer
- Reduce the risk of fraud and identify theft often related to receiving paper statements
- Receive eMail notifications when statements are ready
- Save the environment by printing only as needed
*Call us at 504.454.8224 for more details or assistance in signing up!
Sign Up for ePay
Pay your bills online every month with ePay.
How to sign up for ePay:
- Log into Home Banking and click on Account Setup under the Bill Pay tab.
- Accept the terms and conditions, and then fill out the short account setup.
By noon on the next business day you will be able to begin setting up payees and scheduling payments! Pay one time bills or schedule recurring payments on a monthly, weekly, or semi-monthly basis.
With Communiqué, you can:
- Inquire on your current balance
- Make loan payments
- Transfer funds to other members
- Withdraw funds by check
- Request check or statement copies
- Make stop payments
This telephone teller service lets you access your account 24-hours a day from any touch-tone phone. All you need to use Communiqué is your account number and your 4-digit security code. Don’t have a security code? Simply use the last four digits of your social security number. For more information, contact the Member Service Center.
Safe Deposit Boxes are available for members at the Metairie branch location. Annual rental fees apply.
Boxes are available in the following sizes:
- 3 x 10 x 22 $40.00
5 x 10 x 22 $50.00
Annual rentals begin in January. Rates are prorated thereafter.
For more information on safe deposit box rental, contact the Member Service Center.
Payroll deduction is a convenient service that deducts money from the member’s paycheck and deposits it directly into their Credit Union account. This free service ensures that the member will avoid late payments on loans or promote the habit of consistent saving.
Use payroll deduction to:
- Make loan payments automatically
- Make regular deposits to checking, savings or IRAs
- Save for a family vacation
To find out more about Direct Deposit or Payroll Deduction or to sign up, contact the Member Service Center.
Direct Deposit is the electronic transfer of a payment from a company or organization into an individual’s checking or savings account. The most popular application of Direct Deposit is for payroll, but it can also be used for many other types of payments, including:
- Bonuses and Commissions
- Dividend and Interest Payments
- Travel Expense Settlements
- Tax Refunds
- Social Security or other Government Payment
Benefits of Direct Deposit:
- Direct Deposit is safe, confidential, convenient and fast.
- Employees who use Direct Deposit can access their pay in their accounts the morning of the transfer (settlement) date.
- For income tax refunds, the government often makes refunds via Direct Deposit within days of receiving returns.
- Paper checks are 20 times likely to cause problems than Direct Deposit.
- No waiting for checks to clear.
How does Direct Deposit work?
- By completing a standard enrollment form, a member authorizes a company or organization to make a Direct Deposit payment into one or more of his or her accounts.
- The company or organization making the Direct Deposit may perform a test run by sending the member’s checking or savings account information, but no dollar amount, to the Credit Union via the ACH Network. The Credit Union notifies the company or organization if the entry can’t be posted or if any changes need to be made to the account information.
- Once the test occurs, the Credit Union credits the member’s account(s) and report the transaction(s) on the member’s monthly account statement.
Institution Name: Greater New Orleans Federal Credit Union
Institution Location: 3105 Lime St, Metairie, LA 70006
Routing Number/ABA: 265075825
Final Credit/Beneficiary Name: Your Name (As it appears on the account)
Beneficiary Account #: Your Account Number (Your Member Number)
Questions or further information, call (504) 459-8128 to speak to our Accounting Department.
- Automated Teller Machine (ATM) cards get you your money fast.
- Use your GNO ATM card at CU24 Network ATM Locations nationwide FREE or any
- GNO ATM.
- Your ATM card can be used at any merchant displaying the Pulse and/or Plus logo.
- Withdraw funds 24 hours a day.
- To request an ATM card, simply contact the Member Service Center.
- Debit Cards give you free access to your accounts at all GNO ATM’s
- Use your Debit Card for cash back at GNO ATMs or at CU24 Network ATM Locations nationwide FREE.
- Your Debit card can be used at any merchant displaying the Pulse and/or Plus logo.
- Money for purchases comes directly from your primary checking account*.
- Making a purchase is quicker and easier than writing a paper check.
- Transactions are shown in detail in GNO’s Home Banking and on your checking
account statement .
- To request a Debit card, simply contact the Member Service Center.
To report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit or Credit Card:
504.459.8170 Option 3
*Effective July 7, 2009, GNO will no longer authorize any debit card transactions at Car Rental Agencies. Rental Car merchants often repeatedly try to authorize approvals on small increments which may exceed checking account balances. GNO FCU’s Visa Credit Card products are a great addition to your wallet and may be used at Car Rental Agencies as well as anywhere that accepts Visa Credit Cards.
GAP, Mechanical Repair Coverage, Credit Life and Credit Disability
Guaranteed Asset Protection
If your vehicle is damaged beyond repair or stolen, your insurance company may only pay what the vehicle is worth—which is often less than what you owe on your loan. Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) helps maintain your peace of mind by cancelling the difference between the vehicle’s value and the balance of your loan.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
Getting an auto loan at the right rate is important, protecting that auto is just as important. Having the right protection for those unexpected breakdowns could mean having MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage (MRC). Mechanical Repair Coverage helps ensure that major repairs to your car are covered when the unexpected happens.
Credit Life and Credit Disability
While you can’t predict an accident, you can plan how you’ll be able to financially handle one should it occur. MEMBER’S CHOICE® Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance plans offer loan-specific coverage.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Credit Life Insurance is a voluntary coverage that can help reduce or pay off your loan balance, up to the maximum limit, if you or your covered co-borrower pass away.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Credit Disability Insurance is a voluntary coverage plan that helps make monthly loan payments, up to the maximum limit, should you become totally disabled, until you are no longer disabled.