CO-OP Shared Branches
Your credit union has joined together with other credit unions in a cooperative effort to bring you a new choice in financial convenience, “CO-OP Shared Branch”. You can now perform many of your financial transactions and obtain services at locations throughout the nation! Click here to locate a CO-OP Shared Branch near you.
CO-OP Shared Branches allow a participating credit union member to conduct most of their business as if it were their own credit union branch. By sharing facilities, credit unions can offer greater convenience for members to access their accounts in many more locations.
The following services may be available to you, at locations throughout the United States:
- Open Monday through Saturday
- Cash checks and make deposits
- Cash and Check Withdrawals (Some cash limits may apply)
- Make loan payments
- Make transfers from and to any account
- Purchase Money Orders, Travelers Checks, & Official Checks
- Obtain cash advances and balance inquiries
How do I access my account?
You need three things when you visit a CO-OP Shared Branch location:
- The name of your Credit Union
- Your Account Number at your Credit Union
- A current, un-expired VALID U.S. Government issued picture Identification with signature:
- State issued driver’s license or identification card (temporary extensions are not accepted
- U.S. Passport
- City, State, County or Federal I.D. card or badge
- U.S. Armed Forces Identification Card or the new Smart Identification card without signature
- Resident Alien Card issued by the INS
Have these items ready to present to the teller. This will save you time and will help us with serving you.
All transactions require identification to protect your identity.
If you have questions regarding your account or transactions that were performed through the CO-OP Shared Branch Network, please contact their Member Service Center at 1-888-SITE-COOP.
Holds and Deposited Funds
- The funds you deposit at the CO-OP Shared Branch locations may not be available for immediate
withdrawal from your credit union account.
- HOLDS are placed by your own credit union on items you deposit through the CO-OP Shared Branch locations based by your credit union’s Hold Policies. REMEMBER – THE LOCATION DOES NOT PLACE THE HOLDS ON YOUR ACCOUNT.
- CO-OP Shared Branch location CANNOT REMOVE A HOLD PLACED ON YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR OWN CREDIT UNION.
- Please refer to your credit union’s Fund Availability Policy for further information.