Halloween is a fun and exciting time for children, but for parents it can sometimes be a little scary as far as safety goes. To ensure that you have a fun and safe holiday, we have a few safety tips that we would like to share…
- Make sure that all costumes are fire resistant.
- Check masks to make sure that they do not obstruct vision.
- Make sure that your face make up is non toxic. It is a good idea to test it in a small area before applying it all over your face.
- Always have an adult accompany young children.
- Make sure to wear reflective tape or use glow sticks if you are going to be out after dark.
- For older children who plan on trick or treating alone, go over their route and agree on a time for them to return home.
- Have your older children stick with their friends and to stay in well lit areas.
- Remind your children to never enter a strangers home.
- Make sure that your children refrain from eating any treats until they return home.
- Keep your head up and and your cell phone down and always walk never run across streets.
- Don’t forget to remove any face make up before going to bed.
We would like to wish you and your family a very safe Halloween.
Hope that you all have a great night out.